第7章 飞鸟集 (7)
Let them live who choose in their own hissing world of fireworks.
My heart longs for thy stars, my God.
爱的苦痛,像澎湃的大海,在我的生命里放歌;
而爱的快乐,像鸟儿在花丛中吟唱。
Love’s pain sang round my life like the unplumbed sea;
and love’s joy sang like birds in its flowering groves.
如果您愿意,就熄了灯吧。
我将了解您的黑暗,而且将爱上它。
Put out the lamp when thou wishest.
I shall know thy darkness and shall love it.
在日子的尾梢,当我站在您面前时,
您将看见我的伤痕,明白我的许多创伤都已愈合。
When I stand before thee at the day’s end thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
总有一天,我将在另一个世界的晨光里对你歌唱:
“以前在地球的光里,在人类的爱里,我曾经见过你。”
Some day I shall sing to thee in the sunrise of some other world,
“I have seen thee before in the light of the earth, in the love of man.”
从别的岁月里飘进我生命中的云朵,不再落下雨滴,
也不再兴起风雪,只把色彩挥洒于我落日的天空。
Clouds come floating into my life from other days no longer
to shed rain or usher storm but give colour to my sunset sky.
真理激起了反抗它的风暴,风暴则把真理的种子播撒开来。
Truth raises against itself the storm that scatters its seeds broadcast.
昨夜的风雨给今晨染上金色的和平。
The storm of the last night has crowned this morning with golden peace.
真理似乎带来了结论,
而那结论却催生了第二个真理。
Truth seems to come with its final word,
and the final word gives birth to its next.
有福之人,是因为他的真实比他的名誉更耀眼。
Blessed is he whose fame does not outshine his truth.
您名字的甜蜜充溢着我的心,而我忘却了自己的名字
——就像您的旭日升起时,那雾气就消散了。
Sweetness of thy name fills my heart when I forget mine
—like thy morning sun when the mist is melted.
静谧的黑夜有着母亲的美丽,
而喧哗的白天有着孩童的美丽。
The silent night has the beauty of the mother,
and the clamorous day of the child.
人类微笑时,世界爱他。人类大笑时,世界便怕他。
The world loved man when he smiled. The world became afraid of him when he laughed.
上帝等着人类在智慧中重获童年。
God waits for man to regain his childhood in wisdom.
让我感觉这世界是由您的爱构筑的吧,那么,我的爱也会有所帮助。
Let me feel this world as thy love taking form, then my love will help it.
您的阳光对我心里的严冬微笑,从不怀疑它春天的花朵。
Thy sunshine smiles upon the winter days of my heart,
never doubting of its spring flowers.
上帝在爱中吻着“有限”,而人类却吻着“无限”。
God kisses the finite in his love and man the infinte.
您穿越岁月的贫瘠沙漠,到达了圆满的瞬间。
Thou crossest desert lands of barren years to reach the moment of fulfilment.
上帝的静谧使人的思想成熟为语言。
God’s silence ripens man’s thoughts into speech.
“永恒的旅客”啊,你将在我的吟唱中找到你的足迹。
Thou wilt find, Eternal Traveller, marks of thy footsteps across my songs.
让我不使您羞愧吧,父亲,您在您的孩子们身上显出了您的荣光。
Let me not shame thee, Father, who displayest thy glory in thy children.
这是惨淡的一天,光在紧蹙的云下,
像一个被处罚的孩子,苍白的脸上缀着泪珠;
风的哀号,像一个受伤世界的啼哭。
但是我知道,我正跋涉着去见我的朋友。
Cheerless is the day,
the light under frowning clouds is like a punished child with traces of tears on its pale cheeks,
and the cry of the wind is like the cry of a wounded world.
But I know I am travelling to meet my friend.
今晚,棕榈叶乱舞,海水澎湃,
满月啊,就像世界的心悸。
您在您的沉默里,从未知的天空,
带来了爱的痛苦秘密吗?
Tonight there is a stir among the palm leaves, a swell in the sea,
Full Moon, like the heart-throb of the world.
From what unknown sky hast thou carried
in thy silence the aching secret of love?
我梦见一颗星,一个光明之岛,在那里我将出生。在它活泼的闲暇深处,我的生命将完成它的事业,像秋日下的稻田。
I dream of a star, an island of light, where I shall be born and in the depth of its quickening leisure my life will ripen its works like the rice-field in the autumn sun.
雨中湿土的气息,正如一曲伟大的赞歌,
从平凡而无声的群众那里传来。
The smell of the wet earth in the rain rises
like a great chant of praise
from the voiceless multiude of the insignificant.
“爱情会失去”这句话,是我们无法当做真理来接纳的一个事实。
That love can ever lose is a fact that we cannot accept as truth.
总有一天我们会明白,死亡永远夺不去我们心灵的收获。
因为她所得到的,是和她自己一体的。
We shall know some day that death can never rob us of that which our soul has gained, for her gains are one with herself.
上帝在黄昏的暮色中,拿着我往昔的花到我这儿来。
这些花在他的花篮中还保存得很新鲜。
God comes to me in the dusk of my evening with
the flowers from my past kept fresh in his basket.
主啊,当我生命的琴弦都被调得和谐时,你的每一次触摸,
都可以奏出爱的音乐来。
When all the strings of my life will be tuned, my Master,
then at every touch of thine will come out the music of love.
我真实地生活吧,我的主。这样,死亡于我而言就变得真实了。
Let me live truly, my Lord, so that death to me become true.
人类的历史在耐心地等待着侮辱者的胜利。
Man’s history is waiting in patience for the triumph of the insulted man.
这一刻,我感到你正注视着我的心,像那清晨阳光中的静谧,
落在已收获的寂寞的田野上。
I feel thy gaze upon my heart this moment like the sunny silence of the morning upon the lonely field whose harvest is over.
我渴望着穿越这狂啸的、波涛汹涌的大海,到那“歌的岛屿”去。
I long for the Island of Songs across this heaving Sea of Shouts.
夜的序曲开始于夕阳的音乐,
开始于它对不可言喻的黑暗所作的庄严赞歌。
The prelude of the night is commenced in the music of the sunset, in its solemn hymn to the ineffable dark.
我曾登上高峰,发现在名誉暗淡贫瘠的高处,没有一处庇护之地。我的引导者啊,在光明逝去之前,引我到宁静的山谷里去吧。在那里,生命的收获会成熟为黄金的智慧。
I have scaled the peak and found no shelter in fame’s bleak and barren height.Lead me, my Guide, before the light fades,into the valley of quiet where life’s harvest mellows into golden wisdom.
在这黄昏的朦胧里,事物都如幻影一般
——尖塔的基层在黑暗里消失了,树顶宛如墨水的斑点。
我在等待清晨,当我醒来时,会看见你那光明中的城市。
Things look fantastic in this dimness of the dusk
— the spires whose bases are lost in the dark and tree tops like blots of ink.
I shall wait for the morning and wake up to see thy city in the light.
我曾伤痛过,也曾失望过,还曾体会过“死亡”,
我很高兴生长在这个伟大的世界里。
I have suffered and despaired and known death and I am glad that I am in this great world.
在我的生命中,有贫乏和沉默的地带。
它们是我忙碌的岁月得到阳光和空气的空旷之地。
There are tracts in my life that are bare and silent.
They are the open spaces where my busy days had their light and air.
把我从不完满的过去中解脱出来,
它紧紧缠绕着我,不容我死去。
Release me from my unfulfilled past clinging to me from behind making death difficult.
“我相信你的爱。”让这句话做我最后的话。
Let this be my word, that I trust thy love.